February 25, 2010

Reaction to Goseiger Epic 1



As you can tell by the title, I had watched the first episode of Tensou Sentai Goseiger, subbed by TV-Nihon. My thoughts: it was pretty good. But not great.

My favorite parts of the show are the card techniques, similar to Decade in way (And don't call it a rip-off, considering that Sentai and KR are made by the same company). Anyway, the cards basically activate the Tensou Techniques, which is pretty cool. The weapons themselves look different, but unique.

The characters are a little hard for me to decide on, considering that I only watched one episode and I don't know Japanese (Though I am considering starting to learn it). But, the suits look like a cross breed between retro sentai and new sentai. Not to mention that the side view of the helmets look awesome, though I wish the white spots had their color so that it blends it (Though it wouldn't work for black. Purple would be a nice replacement). Not to mention that the villains look more neater and better designed than Shinkenger.





May I add that I freaking LOVE the opening and the ending?!!! <--- (I just did) lol

But, the things that I found a little off is the transition into the morphing sequence, that is, they weren't in sync. Another thing is that it doesn't seem too appealing when coming off of Shinkenger. Also, the CGI. For Sentai and Kamen Rider, the CGI looks... out of place. CGI is supposed to blend in to the environment, not make a stick out. Then again, it's a kids show. I don't think they give a crap.

So, overall, it was actually pretty good. Not what I anticipated but still good. But, now it is time to enjoy 2010 SUPER HERO TIME!



...in space?

No comments:

Post a Comment